Summer Fun on the Courts at Scalzi Park
Stamford Peace Youth Foundation & Stamford Recreation have teamed up to provide rising 6th thru 11th graders for the 2021-2022 school year with a high-energy outdoor Summer league. The League will consist of 10 games, two games each week, played on the blacktop at Scalzi & Lione Park! Our engaged and energetic coaches will make sure players are having fun in the sun, while improving their skills with some friendly competition!
2021 Summer League Evaluation and Draft Day
Yerwood Center, 90 Fairfield Ave., Stamford
Saturday, July 3
Middle School: 10:00 – 11:30 am
Monday, July 5
High School: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Date/Times/Location subject to change
The League will consist of 10 games (two games each week) ending with a two-day single elimination tournament.
July 12th - August 19th
Middle School Games will be played on Monday and Wednesday evenings at:
100 Bridge Street
High School Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at
325 Stillwater Ave.
Game times are either 6:00 pm, 7:15 pm or 8:30 pm.
Flexible practice schedule to be determined by each team’s coach.
In the event of rain, games will be played at the Yerwood Center.
$155 per player (each player will receive a team jersey)
If you have any questions please contact us at 203-588-9020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
~Dates, Times, Location subject to change~
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER ROSTERS HAVE BEEN FORMED
Share your love and knowledge of the game by volunteering to coach a team!
For more information on being a volunteer coach email us at email@example.com
As a player:
1. Play by the rules.
2. Value team success, safety and fair play above personal gain.
3. Accept the authority and respect the decisions of all game officials.
4. Never use abusive or foul language.
5. Be a good sport. Applaud all good play.
6. Treat all participants as you would like to be treated.
7. Always cooperate with your coach and teammates.
8. Always participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
As a parent and/or spectators:
1. Support your child and his team in a positive manner. Cheer for your child and team, not against the opposing team.
2. Show respect for all players, coaches, game officials and other spectators. Set a positive example with your behavior.
3. Respect the decisions of all game officials and encourage others to do so.
4. Recognize that the children are participating for fun and their own enjoyment.
5. Abide by all regulations of all facilities with respect to facility usage.