Stay tuned for more information on the Summer League protocols regarding COVID-19.
Special! Register and pay now and get $25 off! Registration and payment in full must be made by May 31.
Summer Fun on the Courts at Scalzi Park
Stamford Peace Youth Foundation & Stamford Recreation have teamed up to provide rising 6th thru 11th graders for the 2020-2021 school year with a high-energy outdoor Summer league. The League will consist of 10 games, two games each week, played on the blacktop at Scalzi Park! Our engaged and energetic coaches will make sure players are having fun in the sun, while improving their skills with some friendly competition!
2020 Summer League Evaluation and Draft Day
Middle School TIME TBD
High School TIME TBD
The League will consist of 10 games (two games each week) ending with a two-day single elimination tournament.
July 13th - August 20th 2020
Middle School Games will be played on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
High School Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Flexible practice schedule to be determined by each team’s coach.
There will be a league meeting for all registered players to meet their coach, discuss league rules and receive their team jersey. This date will be communicated at a later time.
All games will be held at Scalzi Park:
100 Bridge Street, Stamford, CT 06905
$155 per player (each player will receive a team jersey).
If you have any questions please contact us at 203-588-9020 or email@example.com.
Dates ,Times, Location subject to change
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER ROSTERS HAVE BEEN FORMED
Share your love and knowledge of the game by volunteering to coach a team!
For more information on being a volunteer coach email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Summer League @ Scalzi Park is designed to provide a positive sports experience. The primary purpose is to offer each participant the opportunity to pursue, through recreational basketball, the physical and emotional benefits of the sport. Our goal is for all players to have the opportunity to gain new skills, make new friends and have fun.
The emphasis is on good sportsmanship, proper conduct, and following the rules and policies of the Summer League. Although competition is a natural part of sports activities, winning is not the primary goal. We want not only our participants, but also our coaches and fans, to play fairly and respect each other. Cheer for one’s triumphs and not for their shortcomings. Win with grace and lose with dignity. Encourage others always to do their best and try their hardest.
As a player in the SPBBL:
1. Play by the rules.
2. Value team success, safety and fair play above personal gain.
3. Accept the authority and respect the decisions of all game officials.
4. Never use abusive or foul language.
5. Be a good sport. Applaud all good play.
6. Treat all participants as you would like to be treated.
7. Always cooperate with your coach and teammates.
8. Always participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
As a parent and/or spectators:
1. Support your child and his team in a positive manner. Cheer for your child and team, not against the opposing team.
2. Show respect for all players, coaches, game officials and other spectators. Set a positive example with your behavior.
3. Respect the decisions of all game officials and encourage others to do so.
4. Recognize that the children are participating for fun and their own enjoyment.
5. Abide by all regulations of all facilities with respect to facility usage.