Congratulations to Carl Coridon on receiving the Kyle A. Markes Humanitarian Award!
Thank you for a great season, and congratulations to the Season Champions as well as the skills competition winners! We hope to see you all ball with us next year!! Look out for the opening of the 2018-2019 SPBBL registration in August
The SPBBL is designed to provide a positive sports experience. The primary purpose is to offer each participant the opportunity to pursue, through recreational basketball, the physical and emotional benefits of the sport. Our goal is for all players to have the opportunity to gain new skills, make new friends and have fun.
The emphasis is on good sportsmanship, proper conduct, and following the rules and policies of the SPBBL. Although competition is a natural part of sports activities, winning is not the primary goal. We want not only our participants, but also our coaches and fans, to play fairly and respect each other. Cheer for one’s triumphs and not for their shortcomings. Win with grace and lose with dignity. Encourage others always to do their best and try their hardest.
Roles and Guideline:
As a player in the SPBBL:
1. Play by the rules.
2. Value team success, safety and fair play above personal gain.
3. Accept the authority and respect the decisions of all game officials.
4. Never use abusive or foul language.
5. Be a good sport. Applaud all good play.
6. Treat all participants as you would like to be treated.
7. Always cooperate with your coach and teammates.
8. Always participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
As a parent and/or spectators:
1. Support your child and his team in a positive manner. Cheer for your child and team, not against the opposing team.
2. Show respect for all players, coaches, game officials and other spectators. Set a positive example with your behavior.
3. Respect the decisions of all game officials and encourage others to do so.
4. Recognize that the children are participating for fun and their own enjoyment.
5. Abide by all regulations of all facilities with respect to facility usage.
Please be aware that once you register your child (ren) you will be required to “claim” your account. You will receive a link via email from Sport’Ngin/Stamford Peace that you will need to click on. This link will bring you to a page where you will either log into your existing account or create a new one.
Once you log into or create that account, you will need to go to your dashboard (located in the upper left hand side of the page) where there will be a notification asking you to claim the registration for your child (ren). Please click on the button that says “claim as owner”.
As a final step, you may either attach your child (ren)’s registration to an existing profile or create a new one.
Thank you to our 2017-2018 League Sponsor:
Thank you to all our 2017-2018 Divisional Sponsors.
Thank you to all our 2017-2018 Sponsors.
TOM & KIM ATHAN